Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Repair Automation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vulpine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Repair Automation Reply with quote

Is it possible to automate the Pop and Click repair?

While I will grant that Amadeus Pro isn't perfect, the repair tool is reasonably useful for that purpose, though it seems to overlook pops that are very visible in both the Repair Window and in the Track windows. I have not been able to determine as yet how to permanently narrow its viewpoint for better sound interpolation when cleaning a pop/click as well, the software sometimes choosing too much real sound and stopping right at the peak of a noise spike.

I'm currently using A-Pro 1.2 and find it exceptionally easy to use for most purposes; but even a moderately damaged LP gives the Repair tool problems. Since a pop or click is usually a near-vertical line even at the highest zoom, it seems the tool should be able to locate such a spike and center on it with no difficulty. However, if an LP is noisy with many pops or clicks within the Repair Window, A-Pro selects one to repair and ignores all the rest when "Find Next" is selected.
Limnos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in AII the feature is automated, but the degree to which it actually works is another matter. Despite the sensitivity setting I too found AII to miss glaringly obvious (visual and audible) clicks. Perhaps Martin can introduce an algorithm that looks for something simple like a huge jump between two consecutive points on the wave. "Perhaps it could be more configurable than just "sensitivity". Until then I find the interpolation feature to be good dealing with errors once you find them but if you really want a pop-free track be prepared to listen to the thing carefully, repeatedly, and then track down the errors one by one visually.
CDJonah_alt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Repair Automation Reply with quote

You might try the program click-repair -- I have read a lot of good
things about it. If one were to look for sharp transitions, it is
probably better search backwards -- there aren't many sound sources that
stop immediately -- start, there are more.

Chuck

Limnos wrote:
Quote:
Well, in AII the feature is automated, but the degree to which it actually works is another matter. Despite the sensitivity setting I too found AII to miss glaringly obvious (visual and audible) clicks. Perhaps Martin can introduce an algorithm that looks for something simple like a huge jump between two consecutive points on the wave. "Perhaps it could be more configurable than just "sensitivity". Until then I find the interpolation feature to be good dealing with errors once you find them but if you really want a pop-free track be prepared to listen to the thing carefully, repeatedly, and then track down the errors one by one visually.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: