missing audio after applying audio unit

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

broz

missing audio after applying audio unit

Post by broz »

I'm using iZotope RX to clean up audio files within AP. I select a portion of the audio, choose Effects -> Audio Units -> iZotope -> RX Denoiser. The alert appears and I can sample the sound and make adjustments. I then apply the changes. The changes appear to be made, but the first portion of the selection is now silent. some fraction of a second, I'd say. This problem is completely repeatable.

I'm using AP 1.4.3.

Also, if I listen while recording, the pitch and speed change kinda randomly. It's rather comical. When I listen to the recording afterwards, it sounds OK, without the pitch and speed changes. I'm using an outboard USB audio interface.

When I record, I choose Sound -> Record to new file...
I click the quality tab, and hit the Adjust button to adjust the sound quality to match the outboard USB unit. Note that the text displayed does not match the USB unit's capability.
AP spins forever, and I have to force quit the app.
Next time in, I set the quality items manually (16 bit/ 48 kHz). This appears to work properly.

Martin, thanks for your continued work on this editor. I hope to see a stable release soon.