No Recording Input

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

jaykapp

No Recording Input

Post by jaykapp »

Today, I am unable to record LP albums. There is no input. Yesterday all was fine and I am using the same hardware and same settings.
Equipment: MacPro, 5GB Ram; Artcessories USB Phono Pre-Amp (plugs directly into the USB port on the front of the Mac), gemini Direct Drive turntable (RCA Jacks into the PreAmp), Soundsticks external speakers. Software: Apple OSX 10.5.7 (Leopard) Amadeus Pro 1.4.2

After experimenting with settings yesterday, the Amadeus Pro preference settings that worked for me were: Input - Digital Line In Output - Soundsticks. I could record and play back. I recorded about 20 tracks yesterday. Today I set up the same equipment in the same way and used the same settings. No go. There is no input to Amadeus Pro. The Mac System Sound Preference pane input is set to the USB input and its meters fluctuate and show input when I play a record. However, there is no input to Amadeus. I've looked at the troubleshooting portion of the manual and went over the set up a few times. I restarted the Mac a few times. I disconnected and reconnected all equipment - no help. Interestingly, playback works. I can play back from a file I recorded yesterday. There is no input to record.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Jay
MacBook Pro, 5Gb Ram, OS 10.5.7