Editable Sonogram

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

dkershaw

Editable Sonogram

Post by dkershaw »

I really appreciate including the sonogram in Amadeus Pro. I hope that it's high on the priority list to make the sonogram editable (much as it is in Soundbooth) so that you can select a range of frequencies and make precise adjustments to a sound. As it stands the sonogram is attractive but not particularly functional.

Lou Kash

Post by Lou Kash »

Although it's solely an analysis tool, for me the Sonogram is one of Amadeus' "killer" features, hence I'd second any further development on that field. (In the meantime, I do most of the editing in Wave Editor, most of the analysis with Spectre, but at the same time I still have Amadeus running for the Real-Time Sonogram as it easily beats the one included in Spectre...)

So, my "urgent" wish list for the Sonogram looks like this:
• Real-Time selectable modes: Channel X / Channel Y / Channel Z (etc.) / Maximum of all channels / Average of all channels (actually - in which mode operates the Sonogram now? Average?)
• Modes for the file Sonogram too (Max / Average)
• A more convenient way to switch from Log to Linear mode, without having to open the Settings dialog, as well as for scaling. (dedicated buttons, sliders, possibly keyboard shortcuts)
• Even faster speed for the Real-Time Sonogram