My pre-sets don't stay set and I have tried EVERYTHING!

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

AndyB

My pre-sets don't stay set and I have tried EVERYTHING!

Post by AndyB »

Hello: I have been using Amadeus since about 2003 and I was generally happy with it. I have not upgraded past Mac OS 10.3.9 so I cannot use Amadeus Pro. I have been very happy with the software and have probably used it to equalize hundreds of hours of oldtime radio shows but suddenly one day, the pre-sets did not stay set. Most of the shows I work with, especially of the same batch and also the same program need the same basic equalization (tweaking) and normalization. However, I have been trying to work with the software even though I cannot expect the settings to stay and it's very tedious and labor intensive to basically set the equalization each and every time. I have deleted the preferences and the files as well as the software itself and reinstalled but nothing works. I guess because I have older Amadeus files sitting on the drives, that the system knows I am not starting from scratch. I am not sure why this is happening or what I can do about it but this is very disappointing to say the least. I had considered other alternatives (such as Pro Tools) but Amadeus does exactly what I need and I was happy with it. I might have to go to something else if I cannot expect my settings to be there and my equalization all flattened out when I go back to it. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to remedy this problem? Thanks much in advance.