MP3 not fully readable : MP3 pas lisible /

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

scroubi

MP3 not fully readable : MP3 pas lisible /

Post by scroubi »

Hi,
I write in english but i am french so sorry for mistakes. I have some MP3 files that i read with iTunes, which does not go to the end of song. It jump to another song before end. But i f i move by myself the cursor after the stop point, the song continues and play til the end . I have opened some with AmadeusPro, and at the point it stopped in Itunes, there is a kind of mark and the rest of the curve/signal is hidden. What are this files for ? Why somebody include a "stop" sign before end of song ? Are they trojans files ? How do i delete this mark to be able to read entire files ?
Thanks

J'ai des fichiers MP3 qui s'arrêtent avant la fin sous Itunes, alors que si je place le curseur après le point d'arrêt, le morceau est lisible jusqu'à la fin. Ouverts avec AmadeusPro, la fin de l'onde sonore est masquée. Il y a un repère qui empêche d'aller jusqu'à le fin du signal. Pourquoi quelqu'un mets à disposition sur le web des fichiers MP3 marqués comme ça ? Comment on enlève cette marque ? est-ce des fichiers à virus cachés ?
Merci
Scroubi51

heaton

One-person barbershop quartet

Post by heaton »

Is it possible to use the built-in microphone of a G5 iMac and AP to
create a one-person barbershop quartet, by stacking four parts/tracks
on top of each other? If so, I would appreciate guidance in how to go
about it. Perhaps go to Sound menu and Add New Mono Track until I
have four? Then record on each separately?
I would need to hear previously recorded tracks while recording each
new track. Thanks.
CP

Gerard Bik

One-person barbershop quartet

Post by Gerard Bik »

Is it possible to use the built-in microphone of a G5 iMac and AP to create a one-person barbershop quartet, by stacking four parts/tracks on top of each other? If so, I would appreciate guidance in how to go about it. Perhaps go to Sound menu and Add New Mono Track until I have four? Then record on each separately?
I would need to hear previously recorded tracks while recording each new track. Thanks.
CP

Record the first track. Use "Record to New File", this way you get a dialog where you can choose the input source.
For all subsequent tracks use "Record to New Track". You will need headphones to monitor the sound of track 1 or you will be rerecording the first track's sound on track 2 through the mic.

With four tracks or more, avoid confusion by naming the tracks. You can choose which tracks play back by using the "Play" checkbox in the track's title bar.

Experiment! And have fun.
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

scroubi

Mp3 problem have no answer ?

Post by scroubi »

Hi,
I write in english but i am french so sorry for mistakes. I have some MP3 files that i read with iTunes, which does not go to the end of song. It jump to another song before end. But i f i move by myself the cursor after the stop point, the song continues and play til the end . I have opened some with AmadeusPro, and at the point it stopped in Itunes, there is a kind of mark and the rest of the curve/signal is hidden. What are this files for ? Why somebody include a "stop" sign before end of song ? Are they trojans files ? How do i delete this mark to be able to read entire files ?
Thanks

J'ai des fichiers MP3 qui s'arrêtent avant la fin sous Itunes, alors que si je place le curseur après le point d'arrêt, le morceau est lisible jusqu'à la fin. Ouverts avec AmadeusPro, la fin de l'onde sonore est masquée. Il y a un repère qui empêche d'aller jusqu'à le fin du signal. Pourquoi quelqu'un mets à disposition sur le web des fichiers MP3 marqués comme ça ? Comment on enlève cette marque ? est-ce des fichiers à virus cachés ?
Merci

scroubi

MP3 not fully readable : MP3 pas lisible

Post by scroubi »

Hi,

I still have no answer about my request. Does somebody knows what are these "tags" and how to delete them in order to have the whole file read normally ?

Thank you
Scroubi51

Sonic Purity

Re: Mp3 problem have no answer ?

Post by Sonic Purity »

scroubi wrote:Hi,
Thanks
Greetings,
[I must use English as it is my only language of fluency... my apologies.]

I am guessing that no one has answered yet as there may be no clear answer without our having the actual file and taking time to inspect it. From what you have written, my best guess is that they are damaged files (not likely intentionally, as with a Trojan, yet possibly), and that the nature of the damage causes the "mark" which appears in Amadeus Pro, which may not be an intentionally placed mark at all. This is reinforced by the rest of the audio signal waveform after this point not showing up in Amadeus: damaged data which cannot be accurately displayed, or causes an error in Amadeus as the damage is unexpected in nature and outside the parameters of what is allowed for the file format (in other words, no software will try to guess every possible type of mistake as there are far too many possibilities).

My "damaged" theory is based upon similar results from a few songs i downloaded years ago off the P2P networks of the time, which misbehaved in this way. I did not look at their waveforms in Amadeus (any version), so i do not know what they would have looked like. I deleted them and usually found working copies from elsewhere.

About all one can do with damaged files like these is "play" or "experiment" with them: Make one or more copies. With each copy, try editing the file in Amadeus Pro, perhaps deleting the mark and a little space around it. Test it to find out if that works... it probably will not, but it might. If you can think of other experiments, try those on other fresh copies of the original.

Sorry no one answered you until now... as i wrote above, i think no one can really know the answer, and even a good guess is not easy. This is my best guess, and i hope it helps!

Best Wishes,
))Sonic((

scroubi

MP3 not fully readable : MP3 pas lisible

Post by scroubi »

Thank you so much for your answer, sonic. I will try your tests, and will also try to find same mp3 in good state.

Thanks a lot
Scroubi51

sukayser

Re: Mp3 problem have no answer ?

Post by sukayser »

Sonic Purity wrote:
scroubi wrote:Hi,
Thanks
Greetings,
[I must use English as it is my only language of fluency... my apologies.]

I am guessing that no one has answered yet as there may be no clear answer without our having the actual file and taking time to inspect it. From what you have written, my best guess is that they are damaged files (not likely intentionally, as with a Trojan, yet possibly), and that the nature of the damage causes the "mark" which appears in Amadeus Pro, which may not be an intentionally placed mark at all. This is reinforced by the rest of the audio signal waveform after this point not showing up in Amadeus: damaged data which cannot be accurately displayed, or causes an error in Amadeus as the damage is unexpected in nature and outside the parameters of what is allowed for the file format (in other words, no software will try to guess every possible type of mistake as there are far too many possibilities).

My "damaged" theory is based upon similar results from a few songs i downloaded years ago off the P2P networks of the time, which misbehaved in this way. I did not look at their waveforms in Amadeus (any version), so i do not know what they would have looked like. I deleted them and usually found working copies from elsewhere.

About all one can do with damaged files like these is "play" or "experiment" with them: Make one or more copies. With each copy, try editing the file in Amadeus Pro, perhaps deleting the mark and a little space around it. Test it to find out if that works... it probably will not, but it might. If you can think of other experiments, try those on other fresh copies of the original.

Sorry no one answered you until now... as i wrote above, i think no one can really know the answer, and even a good guess is not easy. This is my best guess, and i hope it helps!

Best Wishes,
I have found a similar problem--MP3 files that are, say, 20 minutes long, but in iTunes 7, stop after, say, 9:25 minutes (iTunes 8 seems to see the file as only 9:25 long, but my iPod 5.5 still sees the full time). The iPod (and iTunes 8, which doesn't even see past 9:25 min) won't play past the 9:25 point; iTunes 7 would stop at that point, but I could "scrub" past it, and then iTunes would play the rest of the file. If I copy the track to the desktop, open it in Amadeus Pro, and then save it again (having made no changes) and replace the original file in iTunes with the just saved copy, it now plays fully. Unlike you, I can't see anything in the Amadeus visual track that explains why iTunes stops at the 9:25 point. It's an iTunes glitch.

I haven't taken the trouble to confirm the following speculation, but I think my stopping points occur where files were joined by iTunes. (I usually join tracks for recorded books when importing from CD into iTunes as MP3.) It happens relatively rarely--maybe 5 times in a 10-CD recorded book.

Hope this helps. I wish I could get rid of the problem; it's frustrating to be listening to a good book on my iPod and suddenly have it stop in the middle of a chapter.

Susan K

scroubi

MP3 not fully readable : MP3 pas lisible / Answer

Post by scroubi »

Hello,

I have found an answer to this problem using MP3 Trimmer software. When i open a corrupted file, there is a mark at point it stops in iTunes. I have tried to resave file in MP3 type, and MP3 trimmer cut file in 2 differents files, as a mistake treatment. When you open 2 files, there are cut exactly at marked point. I do not know the tecnical way this mark is entered, but if you use Amadeus to group/ join files, you get a quite good file except that there is a gap at marked point when you listen to it. It is not so good, but it does delete this mark.
----
J'ai trouvz une réponsea avec MP3 Trimmer. Celui-ci détecte le point marqué qui provoque les arrêts dans iTunes ou la fin du sonogramme affiché dans Amadeus. Trimmer,e en sauvegarde, découpe le fichier en 2 fichiers à l'endroit de la marque. On fusionnant les fichiers avec Amadeus, on obtient le MP3 d'origine mais avec un saut à l'emplacement de la marque, à l'écoute. C'est mieux que rien....
Scroubi51

sukayser

Re: MP3 not fully readable : MP3 pas lisible / Answer

Post by sukayser »

When I get such files, I don't see any mark in Amadeus Pro. All I know is that if I open in AmaPro the file that stops in iTunes, then save it again, it works in iTunes. I'll take a look in MP3 Trimmer.

Susan
scroubi wrote:Hello,

I have found an answer to this problem using MP3 Trimmer software. When i open a corrupted file, there is a mark at point it stops in iTunes. I have tried to resave file in MP3 type, and MP3 trimmer cut file in 2 differents files, as a mistake treatment. When you open 2 files, there are cut exactly at marked point. I do not know the tecnical way this mark is entered, but if you use Amadeus to group/ join files, you get a quite good file except that there is a gap at marked point when you listen to it. It is not so good, but it does delete this mark.
----
J'ai trouvz une réponsea avec MP3 Trimmer. Celui-ci détecte le point marqué qui provoque les arrêts dans iTunes ou la fin du sonogramme affiché dans Amadeus. Trimmer,e en sauvegarde, découpe le fichier en 2 fichiers à l'endroit de la marque. On fusionnant les fichiers avec Amadeus, on obtient le MP3 d'origine mais avec un saut à l'emplacement de la marque, à l'écoute. C'est mieux que rien....