making music DVD discs

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

anechoic

making music DVD discs

Post by anechoic »

Recently I switched to working in 24/96 and like the higher resolution very much. My workflow now consists of going from recording in the field to mastering at this resolution.

I stumbled across a web site for a record label that is pressing DVD's of their music in 24/96.

***mind you I'm NOT referring to DVD-A (which is a dead format) but regular DVD's that play in any DVD player.

I dug a little deeper and found some DVD authoring apps that can convert a 24/96 file to .iso format for burning audio to DVD - while most are still prohibitively expensive there is a free app called Lplex (aka Audioplex) for the XP platform. See manual for this app here:
http://audioplex.sourceforge.net/doc/re ... _win32.txt

Essentially it takes 24/96 .wav files and a black .jpg and makes them into a DVD of hi-res audio that displays a black screen in your DVD player.

There are also Linux apps that can do the same thing - some of which can be downloaded via FINK repository for OS X - but you have to compile them and make sure all the dependencies are there etc. Sorta a pain for most people not familiar with the command line.

So, my question is: would this feature be possible for a future Amadeus Pro?
I see AP behaving something like the Lplex app I mentioned before:
- a save-as could have an .iso selection that would save out the files to a DVD ready-to-burn .iso
- save-as dialog box would have checkboxes for 'flags' that could be set
- text field for a path to a .jpg (or the ability to add more paths for multiple jpgs)

I am going to start authoring DVD @ 24/96 that can play anywhere and I think this might be a great feature for people wanting to make DVD music discs.

anechoic

Post by anechoic »

wondering if there are any thoughts on being able to burn an iso of a music DVD from AP?