Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

making music DVD discs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anechoic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: making music DVD discs Reply with quote

Recently I switched to working in 24/96 and like the higher resolution very much. My workflow now consists of going from recording in the field to mastering at this resolution.

I stumbled across a web site for a record label that is pressing DVD's of their music in 24/96.

***mind you I'm NOT referring to DVD-A (which is a dead format) but regular DVD's that play in any DVD player.

I dug a little deeper and found some DVD authoring apps that can convert a 24/96 file to .iso format for burning audio to DVD - while most are still prohibitively expensive there is a free app called Lplex (aka Audioplex) for the XP platform. See manual for this app here:
http://audioplex.sourceforge.net/doc/readme_Lplex_0.2_beta_win32.txt

Essentially it takes 24/96 .wav files and a black .jpg and makes them into a DVD of hi-res audio that displays a black screen in your DVD player.

There are also Linux apps that can do the same thing - some of which can be downloaded via FINK repository for OS X - but you have to compile them and make sure all the dependencies are there etc. Sorta a pain for most people not familiar with the command line.

So, my question is: would this feature be possible for a future Amadeus Pro?
I see AP behaving something like the Lplex app I mentioned before:
- a save-as could have an .iso selection that would save out the files to a DVD ready-to-burn .iso
- save-as dialog box would have checkboxes for 'flags' that could be set
- text field for a path to a .jpg (or the ability to add more paths for multiple jpgs)

I am going to start authoring DVD @ 24/96 that can play anywhere and I think this might be a great feature for people wanting to make DVD music discs.
anechoic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wondering if there are any thoughts on being able to burn an iso of a music DVD from AP?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: