Follow up on track-split while saving as recording

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

stickwolf

Follow up on track-split while saving as recording

Post by stickwolf »

A while back I asked about and discussed instant splitting while recording, and we ended up with shift-m being able to instantly add markers without a pop-up window, and then I could split by markers when saving.

All that is fine, but when I record a 30 or 45 minute lesson without saving as recording it takes as much as 5-10 minutes to save the whole thing to mp3. I can't have that.

What I've been doing is saving the whole thing as a single file while recording, but interrupting it here and there and making a new file, typing a new name and then saving as recording for that. In many ways, this is the best situation. I use a little time to set it up but the naming is good and it is all swift enough.

But I'd still *like* the option to just hit record but every now and then hit a quick button which would stop the recording, start a new file with the same name but some addendum like A, B, C or 1, 2, 3 for each new file. I don't care if there's a short drop-out between tracks. The idea is to start recording, be able to have split files simply to mark notable events and break up otherwise lengthy recordings, and then at the end to just have already saved mp3 files in a folder to copy to students' flash drives. I would rarely bother editing or normalizing or anything, so streamlined, instant function is ideal.
I assume this is not already possible. I'd like to request it - or if anyone knows of simple software more designed for this, I'd be curious to check it out.

I'm still basically happy with Amadeus as is. It works, though I'd like to do what I'm requesting here as an option.