Using Amadeus with Mac OS Monterey

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Wizardgold

Using Amadeus with Mac OS Monterey

Post by Wizardgold »

I suspect it is a problem I have because of using the beta of the operating system. I'm getting weird behaviour when recording and with playback.

I just recorded my voice and it stopped recording after a while and I only found out when I clicked on Stop and played it back.

Also at times it will not playback what is showing in the editing window. Plays some of it and it doesn't fit with how the cursor is moving though the time line.

It could be the beta OS causing the problem or maybe I did something else to mess it up. The only other audio thing I changed recently was to add a audio device Behringer U-PHORIA UM2. Perhaps that added something which messed stuff up.

I will have to be patient and see what happens when the OS comes out of beta and Martin does his magic with the app to make it Mac OS Monterey compatible. The joys of choosing to run a beta...

muziker

Re: Using Amadeus with Mac OS Monterey

Post by muziker »

I just upgraded to OS 12 Monterey and I am having the same problem described in the initial post.
When I first load a sound file into Amadeus it plays correctly, but as soon as I stop and start playback, or if I initiate playback from any place other than the beginning, something goes wrong. The playback sound is correct, but the vertical bar that shows the point of playback runs much faster, and the time counter in the upper right corner runs very fast - six times the actual speed of the sound and recording. After 15 seconds of actual playback, the counter and the cursor show 1'30".
If I close the file and reopen it, it will play normally the first time, but again, as soon as I stop and restart playback, it plays correctly but counts time wrong. On a three minute recording, it will play about the first 30 seconds and then stop as though it has reached the end.