Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lossless File Causes iPod Reboot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennyb123

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Lossless File Causes iPod Reboot Reply with quote

Several files I've created using Amadeus Pro v1.3 cause my iPod to reboot when playback is attempted. The files were created as follows:

1. Open a file from a Music CD.
2. Save the file to my hard disk as an AIFF file.
3. Edit the AIFF file (deletes section)
4. Save the AIFF file
5. Then, Save a Copy As MPEG4 audio .m4a (with settings = Apple lossless)

I've created about ten .m4a files this way. All but two are playable on my iPod. The other two cause the iPod to reboot upon start of playback.

Any ideas?
kennyb123

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On other thing:

The .m4a files all playback just fine on my computer using iTunes.
tjarrett

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Rebooting iPod Reply with quote

I'm seeing the same problem across multiple versions of Amadeus Pro. Generally it's audio that I've captured from my turntable through a Griffin iMic, which I separate into tracks and save as Apple Lossless with Amadeus Pro, that causes the reboot.

However, last night I converted some FLAC files to Apple Lossless using the tool and verified that they too send the iPod back to the startup Apple image once the song finishes playing. I have a fifth-generation iPod (the 30 MB video model).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: