First problem ever... cached versions?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

sawatzky

First problem ever... cached versions?

Post by sawatzky »

Hello, I have been an Amadeus Pro (or II) user for about 5 years now. I process one file a week. I take my file and drag it to the Amadeus Pro icon, and it starts importing. When there is an update, I very carelessly click to download and install the update while canceling the current import until the update is installed. I then re-open the file in the new version. This has always worked... until now.

Now when I tried to re-open my file in the new version of AP, the open was instant. I thought this was a good thing, until I realized that I could only see 2.5 minutes of my 1 hour file. I quit AP and tried again. No good. I deleted my audio file, and reloaded it onto the computer from the source. Still... AP could only see the first 2.5 minutes. Like it was looking for a cached version first and kept finding my initial import that was aborted when the new version of the program began downloading.

My solution was to open my file in Quicktime and export as AIFF, then import that. That worked, but is there now a cached version of the original mp3 floating around somewhere?
--
Daryl S.