Amadeus Pro and UI improvements for 4K displays

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

oelauge

Post by oelauge »

Hello,

Actual the UI is very slow and has reproducible roll over effects in large windows. But facts at first.

My environment is a Mac Pro with two 6 Core Xeon CPUs and 48 Gb RAM.
Installed is macOS Mojave and a screen size with 4K.

The delay is available in standard procedures like mark large wave parts or simple scrolling to the next position. It takes one or two seconds before the final position is reached. It is a pain during detail editing of a wave.

It is ok with a horizontal window size of 1024px, but painful with a size bigger than 2500px.

Second point is, that the blue cursor line will stop at the last 10% of the window-end during the play.

From my point of view Amadeus Pro (Version 2.6.2 (2217)) has a performance problem with large windows in a 4k editor environment.

Perhaps i didn't considered some configurations, but i considered 8192 Mb RAM and for tests the double size without any improvements.

Do you have a solution for me?

Best regards from Germany

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Hi, what does it say when you hit the '0' key in the main sound window?
Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

oelauge

Re: Amadeus Pro and UI improvements for 4K displays

Post by oelauge »

Martin Hairer wrote:Hi, what does it say when you hit the '0' key in the main sound window?
I see in the top left corner the note "Cocoa", but no improvements, no other effects. Same situation.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

I see in the top left corner the note "Cocoa", but no improvements, no other effects. Same situation.
This means that it is not making use of the Metal framework for graphics acceleration.

There appears to be a bug in Mojave that prevents Amadeus's Metal code from running on some older hardware. Catalina appears to fix this problem on all machines I was able to test it on or get feedback for, so upgrading to Catalina will probably fix the display performance problem for you.
Second point is, that the blue cursor line will stop at the last 10% of the window-end during the play.
What are your precise settings for "Playback behaviour" in the "General" preferences?
Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

oelauge

Re: Amadeus Pro and UI improvements for 4K displays

Post by oelauge »

Thank you Martin for your support. I will wait with the Catalina installation, till the first bugs will be solved and my audio hardware is supported.
What are your precise settings for "Playback behaviour" in the "General" preferences?
Empty Selection = Play from the beginning
Not empty selection = Play selection

By the next three options, only "Screen is following the playback" is marked.

As additional information, the blue cursor line will stop for three seconds before it will reach the end of the screen, but the playback is not affected. It is only a visual effect.