Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rm files with Amadeus?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgtree

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: rm files with Amadeus? Reply with quote

Martin,

I have been using Amadeus for a long time. I wonder if there are plans to enable creation of rm files for RealPlayer so that music samples can be placed on my websites?

I have looked and looked for a program that will change a .wav to a .rm file and have not been able to find one for the Mac. Windows has 4 or 5 good inexpensive programs, we have none. If including this capability in Amadeus is not an option, a separate program for the conversion at a reasonable cost would be a blessing.

Thanks for listening.

G5 Mac, 3GB RAM, OSX 10.4.11
Tristan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: rm files with Amadeus? Reply with quote

mgtree wrote:
I have looked and looked for a program that will change a .wav to a .rm file and have not been able to find one for the Mac.

Shocked Gadzooks! You might be right. It really does look like there currently aren't any options for encoding to RealMedia on a Mac.

It's been a couple years since I've encoded to the RealMedia format, so I assumed there was still something out there that would work. But a survey of the current options falls through pretty quickly.

Real's free Real Export Plug-In for Mac, which lets you export .rm files from within QuickTime applications, only works on Mac OS 10.2 and 10.3. The Sorenson Squeeze Compression Suite sounds promising until you hit a little footnote on its homepage saying RealMedia exporting is "not available on Mac OS X on Intel processors." Autodesk Cleaner is PPC only. RealProducer Basic is now Windows- and Linux-only.

What the?
mgtree

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Can use Real plug in with Panther, QuickTime 6.5 Reply with quote

I just realized I can load the Real plug-in on the partition with Panther and QuickTime 6.5.

I use this because QT 7 does not let you choose the instruments of the .mov file the way 6.5 does. So I have QT loaded on a partition with Panther and run it under Tiger.

We will see if it works with this configuration. If not, I will have to log in to the Panther partition to make the .rm files.

A fun experiment.

G5 Mac, 3GB RAM, OSX 10.4.11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: