rm files with Amadeus?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

mgtree

rm files with Amadeus?

Post by mgtree »

Martin,

I have been using Amadeus for a long time. I wonder if there are plans to enable creation of rm files for RealPlayer so that music samples can be placed on my websites?

I have looked and looked for a program that will change a .wav to a .rm file and have not been able to find one for the Mac. Windows has 4 or 5 good inexpensive programs, we have none. If including this capability in Amadeus is not an option, a separate program for the conversion at a reasonable cost would be a blessing.

Thanks for listening.
Margaret
www.jsbchorales.net
www.jsbworkshop.net

G5 Mac, 3GB RAM, OSX 10.4.11

Tristan

Re: rm files with Amadeus?

Post by Tristan »

mgtree wrote:I have looked and looked for a program that will change a .wav to a .rm file and have not been able to find one for the Mac.
:shock: Gadzooks! You might be right. It really does look like there currently aren't any options for encoding to RealMedia on a Mac.

It's been a couple years since I've encoded to the RealMedia format, so I assumed there was still something out there that would work. But a survey of the current options falls through pretty quickly.

Real's free Real Export Plug-In for Mac, which lets you export .rm files from within QuickTime applications, only works on Mac OS 10.2 and 10.3. The Sorenson Squeeze Compression Suite sounds promising until you hit a little footnote on its homepage saying RealMedia exporting is "not available on Mac OS X on Intel processors." Autodesk Cleaner is PPC only. RealProducer Basic is now Windows- and Linux-only.

What the?

mgtree

Can use Real plug in with Panther, QuickTime 6.5

Post by mgtree »

I just realized I can load the Real plug-in on the partition with Panther and QuickTime 6.5.

I use this because QT 7 does not let you choose the instruments of the .mov file the way 6.5 does. So I have QT loaded on a partition with Panther and run it under Tiger.

We will see if it works with this configuration. If not, I will have to log in to the Panther partition to make the .rm files.

A fun experiment.
Margaret
www.jsbchorales.net
www.jsbworkshop.net

G5 Mac, 3GB RAM, OSX 10.4.11