AP 2.61 not saving mp3 meta-data info

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

ioannis

Post by ioannis »

When saving an edited file as mp3, all the info (meta data) are gone, even the artwork.
When I add the meta-data in iTunes to the file, some are still there if I open the file again in AP, but not all.

Any ideas?

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Dear Ioannis, what setting are you using in the "tags" section of the Mp3 settings? The recommended setting for maximal compatibility is id3v2.3. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

ioannis

Post by ioannis »

wow, it did work perfectly :-) Thanks!

PS: I was using 3.1; one would expect newer versions of the id-settings to be "better". There's something I don't get about the people establishing the protocols :-D
The latest setting didn't even show the artwork in the finder icon... Now all the info stays there as expected.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

I was using 3.1; one would expect newer versions of the id-settings to be "better".
You should read id3v2.3 as 3.2.3 which comes after 3.1 so it doesn't contradict your intuition... Version 3.2.4 (the most recent one) is not widely supported which is why I wouldn't recommend it unless you need it for some specific reason. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

cjpainter

Post by cjpainter »

I was also having this issue while saving files as m4b. Also when I save as m4b I get a warning that the markers will not be saved when using v2..5.3, I no longer get the warning in v2.6.1 but the markers are still not saved.