Spacebar Playback bug?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

bdkennedy1

Spacebar Playback bug?

Post by bdkennedy1 »

After using Amadeus Pro extensively for the past couple weeks, I think I've come across an annoying bug while zooming in on clicks and pops.

When I'm listening to the waveform and run across a click or pop, I use the mouse to click on the general area that I want to repair. Then I use the spacebar to repeat playback over and over while I zoom in on the area.

About 5-10% of the time, I press the space bar and it starts playback at the beginning of the waveform and I lose the place I was trying to fix. Then I have to start all over again finding the click or pop.

Zooming in appears to have a direct effect on this. The more I'm zoomed in, the more likely this is to happen.

I'm using 1.2.1.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Spacebar Playback bug?

Post by Martin Hairer »

About 5-10% of the time, I press the space bar and it starts
playback at the beginning of the waveform and I lose the place I was
trying to fix.
I'll try to reproduce this, thanks.
Then I have to start all over again finding the click or pop.
Type command-J to move the display back to the selection. Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

bdkennedy1

Post by bdkennedy1 »

Ok, thank you for that. I couldn't tell if the playback point had moved back to the beginning of the waveform, also.

One more thing I've noticed... when I do find a click or pop and I use the Repair Center it seems that the vertical line that marks the playback point is gone about 50% of the time.

I do enjoy this excellent program!

Tristan

Re: Spacebar Playback bug?

Post by Tristan »

bdkennedy1 wrote:About 5-10% of the time, I press the space bar and it starts playback at the beginning of the waveform and I lose the place I was trying to fix. Then I have to start all over again finding the click or pop.
This sounds possibly related to a bug I've previously reported. I continue to encounter the bug, with "Space bar rewinds sound" and "Play from insertion point" both selected in my preferences.

The bug happens if you initiate playback, then click in the sound anywhere <b>to the right of the moving playback head</b> to move the insertion point. When playback is stopped with the space bar, the playback head disappears, and subsequent playback starts from the beginning of the sound instead of from the insertion point. The problematic behavior only occurs if you click somewhere beyond the moving playback head during playback.

I too am working with 1.2.1, but this particular bug dates back a while.