adding tracks at work point in timeline

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

alansilv

Post by alansilv »

I am very happily using Amadeus Pro to edit and produce 5-minute radio features which usually involve 15-20 files (voice tracks, music, film clip audio, interview actualities). My workflow is: I add a track, drag the audio to where it needs to be vis-a-vis the previous track, adjust the transition, fade, level, etc. so it sounds right, then add the next track and so on till it's complete after which I flatten the whole thing to a new file. It would save some time if I could add each new track to start at the point in the timeline where I am working instead of at the zero point. I cannot find a way to do this and wonder if it exists or if there is any workaround so that the audio from a new track would line up with the timeline point I select in the previous adjacent track. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

CDJonah_alt

Post by CDJonah_alt »

What about inserting at zero and then use "add silence" with the amount
you want? Possibly a work around.

Chuck

alansilv wrote:
I am very happily using Amadeus Pro to edit and produce 5-minute radio features which usually involve 15-20 files (voice tracks, music, film clip audio, interview actualities). My workflow is: I add a track, drag the audio to where it needs to be vis-a-vis the previous track, adjust the transition, fade, level, etc. so it sounds right, then add the next track and so on till it's complete after which I flatten the whole thing to a new file. It would save some time if I could add each new track to start at the point in the timeline where I am working instead of at the zero point. I cannot find a way to do this and wonder if it exists or if there is any workaround so that the audio from a new track would line up with the timeline point I select in the previous adjacent track. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Charles D. Jonah CDJonah@anl.gov
630-252-3471
Chemistry Division
Argonne National Laboratory
Argonne, IL 60439

alansilv

Re: adding tracks at work point in timeline

Post by alansilv »

[quote="CDJonah_alt"]What about inserting at zero and then use "add silence" with the amount
you want? Possibly a work around.

Chuck,
An interesting idea, but - like the dragging process - it involves more steps: calculating the amount of silence needed, cmd-T, entering the amount of time, then inserting the silence. I would like to be able to choose a spot for the inserted audio to land ...maybe at a marker or something like that. In both your workaround and my dream solution - as well as the dragging process I'm doing now - I'd still have to fine tune it to make the audio transition sound natural or appropriate for the elements in the piece, but it would save steps to import the audio right to the spot I need ...and saving steps is what I'm after.
Thanks.