Weird Reverb-like Error, New in A II

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

davidghawkins

Weird Reverb-like Error, New in A II

Post by davidghawkins »

In the last few months, a weird reverb-like error has started appearing in my recordings off LPs using A II. It lasts several seconds, a pumping, pulsing sound that seems to keep repeating a segment of the music, about five times per second. It's similar to the report, "Weird Sound", posted here Oct. 20, 2007. It's now happening more frequently, about once every LP that I record. When I re-record from the same LP, sometimes the problem repeats in exactly the same spot, while other times there's no problem.

The solution to the Oct. 20th post here doesn't apply, because I never have the simultaneous writing to file turned on when I record.

I've used A II for several years, recording off many dozens of LPs, and never had this problem until a few months ago. The problem seems to have started when I switched to using a new laptop. Previously, I used a Powerbook G4 and never had the problem with that. Now I use a MacBookPro, an Intel chip machine, and have the problem. The other thing that changed a few months ago was I updated from Sys 10.4.10 to 10.4.11. Could either of these changes have caused the problem?