track info on CDs

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Hannah

track info on CDs

Post by Hannah »

I'm loving Amadeus, and learning more about it each time I use it. I am stuck on one thing, though. I'm recording tapes and records and I entered the song titles in as the names of the markers. When I burn it to a CD, though, it doesn't seem to keep the info. For that matter, it also doesn't include the artist/album info, either. That means when I load the CD into iTunes on a different computer I have to re-enter all the information.

Also, what's the easiest way to transfer music from Amadeus to iTunes on the same computer?

Thanks!

rfwilmut

Post by rfwilmut »

Audio CDs don't have any official way of carrying track names etc. When you insert one while iTunes is running, the information is fetched from the Gracenote database - of course this only covers commercial CDs, not home-made ones, so I'm afraid there's no workaround for that.

I said 'official' because Amadeus Pro supports CD Text, which is not strictly part of the CD specification. You might be able to get that to work - i don't know whether iTunes recognizes it.

When you have named the markers for songs, choose 'Split according to markers' which will save your file as separate named tracks. If you drag these into iTunes the names will appear: you will have to enter the artists and album names (though you can batch this). If you then want to change format to a compressed one you can do this within iTunes and delete the originals.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

track info on CDs

Post by Martin Hairer »

I said 'official' because Amadeus Pro supports CD Text, which is not
strictly part of the CD specification. You might be able to get that
to work - i don't know whether iTunes recognizes it.
At least last time I checked iTunes didn't recognise CD-TEXT data,
which IMHO is a serious bug in iTunes... Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/