A couple of 2.6 issues

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

aubreyapple

A couple of 2.6 issues

Post by aubreyapple »

Firstly, this is being used on MacOS 10.13.6, on a 2009/2010 Mac Pro. using SSD drives and 12GB of memory. I thought at first this was a 64 bit issue, as I have recently started to use Amadeus Pro in 64 bit mode. However, the same problems persist in 32 bit mode. I have, and will continue to use Amadeaus Pro as I think it is marvelous.

First problem: In 2.5.3, when I 'Save Selection As...', in 2.6 it is ALWAYS saving as a ring tone (m4r) unless I select m4a each time. (This also seems to be the case in other 'Save As...' situations.) In 2.5.3, it remembers even from session to session (closing then opening Amadeaus Pro) that my preference for that mode is m4a. In 2.6, it does not even remember from one save to the next in the same file.

Second problem: In 2.6, both opening and closing of a file will sometimes hang up and completely stop reading or writing the file. This has been observed in both m4a files and aiff files. If I close Amadeaus Pro, and reopen all is well, at least for a while. Note, I believe this is not a memory usage issue as I monitor memory use and there is always free memory. Remember too this is true for both 32 bit and 64 bit mode. I have not figured out a pattern of when this does and does not occur, sorry.

For these two reasons, I have reverted to 2.5.3, which, for my purposes seems to be fine.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

A couple of 2.6 issues

Post by Martin Hairer »

First problem: In 2.5.3, when I 'Save Selection As...', in 2.6 it is ALWAYS saving as a ring tone (m4r) unless I select m4a each time. (This also seems to be the case in other 'Save As...' situations.) In 2.5.3, it remembers even from session to session (closing then opening Amadeaus Pro) that my preference for that mode is m4a. In 2.6, it does not even remember from one save to the next in the same file.
I am aware of this bug, the version at http://www.hairersoft.com/Downloads/AmadeusPro.zip should fix it.
Second problem: In 2.6, both opening and closing of a file will sometimes hang up and completely stop reading or writing the file. This has been observed in both m4a files and aiff files. If I close Amadeaus Pro, and reopen all is well, at least for a while. Note, I believe this is not a memory usage issue as I monitor memory use and there is always free memory. Remember too this is true for both 32 bit and 64 bit mode. I have not figured out a pattern of when this does and does not occur, sorry.
When this occurs next, would it be possible to open Activity Monitor, select Amadeus Pro, choose "Sample Process" in the "gears" toolbar menu and send me the report this generates? Thank you very much in advance,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

aubreyapple

Post by aubreyapple »

Thanks. Will check it out.. Yes the Save As... bug seems to be fixed. It would be nice if you had bumped the version, say 2.6.1, but no big deal. It will probably take some time to check out the other issue since I do not have a good way to reproduce it reliably.