error: non valid AIFF/AIFC file

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

clove23

error: non valid AIFF/AIFC file

Post by clove23 »

Hiya.. was recording a 2 track on my macbook (black core 2 duo, 1gb) and I always save as 24/44.1 aiff file to a specific folder for the club. Anyway, always worked before. Haven't added anything new lately. Well I made two recordings Friday night and when I try to open up the file, I get a popup box that tells me "An error occured while reading the file. This does not appear to be a valid AIFF/AIFC file." and nothing I have will open the file. The size of the files are correct, and they are listed in the finder info as Audio IFF Document and to open with Amadeus Pro. Anyway..can't seem to open it.

any ideas?

Limnos

Post by Limnos »

I had an AIFF file that I somehow generated or came across that Amadeus II wouldn't open but the file would play in Soundjam. I used Soundjam to re-encode the AIFF to AIFF and the new file opened in AII. Probably not the ideal solution but this is the only time I've had that problem and it was the quickest way. You're probably not running a 10 year old system like me but you could try Itunes.