Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matching recording levels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drjenkins

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject: Matching recording levels Reply with quote

I usually use Amadeus for simple editing of audio and I have very little experience with recording. I'm trying to make A/B comparisons between an external DAC and studio microphone vs. MacBook internal mic. I found it impossible to match the recording levels (controlled on the DAC and in Sound system preferences respectively) and couldn't even evaluate the waveforms accurately except for checking Analyze : Waveform Statistics after the fact (I don't really understand what the single grid line on the waveform display represents, or where exactly "clipping" would be unless there's actually clipping occurring).

Anyone have any tips?=
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: