CD-Text Data: Display Artist, Song (Track) & Album

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

kboasso

Post by kboasso »

Simple question, I hope.

Long-time Amadeus user with a new car. The car’s CD player offers an on-screen display designed to show:

Artist Name
Song Name
Album Name

With manufactured CDs (for which the system queries Gracenote), all of these fields are displayed (including an artwork image, if available from Gracenote, of the album or artist).

With Amadeus-burned CDs, I can get the display only to show Song Name and Album Name.

When making the sound file, I use the “Song Name” as the “Name” in each “Marker.” When burning, I check the “Write CD-TEXT data” box and enter information into the fields:

“Title” — is the Album Name
“Performer” — is the Artist Name
“Composer” — is generally left blank
“Markers” drop-down — is selected “Title”

Thus, when the CD is burned (or when the burned CD is read by the car’s player), the only data that is displayed is:

Song Name
Album Name

Any way I can get the Artist Name to display, too? (It’d be a serious bonus if I could get my own artwork to display, too, but I don’t think that’s burned to the CD…)

Thanks!

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

I would assume that your car's player is able to parse Mp3 metadata, so since it appears to not fully support CD-TEXT data, the best might be to save your tracks as Mp3 files (or whatever other format your car's player supports) and burn them as a data CD from the Finder. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/