Playback problems

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

rickmbari

Playback problems

Post by rickmbari »

I've used Amadeus and Amadeus Pro for years with no significant issues, but suddenly I'm having all kinds of problems with AP 2.4.5 and 2.4.7:

1. Sounds will not play. When I hit the spacebar or click on the Play button, the button turns red and changes its icon to a Pause button but nothing else happens. No sound; playback head doesn't budge. This happens with files that play fine in Audacity, iTunes, and the Finder preview. It even happens if I create a new document and generate 5 seconds of white noise from the Effects menu. In all cases, the waveform shows in the window and everything looks normal. Playback just won't happen.

2. Opening Amadeus Pro from the Finder, the Dock, or the Recent Items selection in the Apple menu, I get the Spinning Pizza Of Death (SPOD), a. k. a. beach ball cursor, for ten to thirty seconds before Amadeus Pro's menus show up in the menu bar. Choosing Preferences... from the Amadeus Pro menu results in a full minute of SPOD before the Preferences window appears.

I am running OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015). I cannot upgrade to a newer OS because it will break the device drivers for my mixer (Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0).