Amadeus Pro 2.4.7 license issue

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

chas_m

Post by chas_m »

I don't know if this is my fault or not yet, but I noticed that there was an update to Amadeus Pro and so I downloaded the file from the main site and replaced my copy of 2.4.5 with it. Upon launch, my license information was gone.

Fortunately, I had retained a copy of my upgrade license received when I moved away from 1.5.5, but sadly I no longer have a copy of that original license, and despite having the new license it wants the original as well. I don't remember when 1.5 came out but I just don't seem to keep records going that far back.

I have written to Martin and I'm sure he will sort this out for me but I wanted to put out a note of caution about upgrading from outside the program itself. I could restore my backup of 2.4.5 if absolutely necessary so I'm not stressing or upset or anything but just wanted to be sure people knew this was a possibility, so be sure you have backups until you're sure everything is okay.
Cheers,
chas_m

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

I don't know if this is my fault or not yet, but I noticed that there was an update to Amadeus Pro and so I downloaded the file from the main site and replaced my copy of 2.4.5 with it. Upon launch, my license information was gone.
That's rather strange: in principle it should make no difference whatsoever whether you upgrade "by hand" or by using the built-in upgrade functionality. The license information isn't stored in the application itself, so just moving that to the trash bin won't affect it at all. Anyway, I did issue you with a new license in a separate message. Best,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/