Paste audio at specific position on second empty track

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

terje_t

Post by terje_t »

Hi all!

I am writing on behalf of a visually impaired friend of mine. He's using VoiceOver and key commands to do his audio editing in Amadeus Pro v2.4.5.

He has troubles inserting audio on a new blank track at a specific point though, so I wanted to see if anyone here had a solution.

The scenario is that he has one long track with a voice interview and wants to insert background music or sounds on a second track at specific points. He tries to do this by:

1. Load up the voice interview on one track
2. Create a second empty track
3. Open the background music in a new window, selecting all and copying
4. Go back to the first (two track) project and play it until he's at the point he wants the music
5. Press CMD+Y to move the insertion point to the playhead
6. Paste the copied music

He would now expect the music to be pasted on the second track at the point where he stopped the playhead but instead it is pasted at the very start of the second track.

It seems to be going wrong in step 5 - the playhead moves back to the start instead of staying where it is. If I try to do the above operations on a single track it works, so there's something about an empty second track that makes this happen.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Hi,
He would now expect the music to be pasted on the second track at the point where he stopped
the playhead but instead it is pasted at the very start of the second track.
You are right, this seems to be a bug in the current version. I just uploaded a copy that fixes it to

http://www.hairersoft.com/Downloads/AmadeusPro.zip

Could you please ask your friend to give it a try and see if it fixes it for him? Thanks,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

terje_t

Post by terje_t »

Sorry for the late reply, but this fixed the problem for my friend! Thank you so much for the quick fix!