Flickering on Retina display

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Pierre Igot

Flickering on Retina display

Post by Pierre Igot »

I have already submitted this twice as a bug report to Martin@HairerSoft.com, but have yet to receive a reply. So I figured I'd try here.

My experience with Amadeus Pro (2.4.1) on a Retina display (Dell 5K) in macOS 10.12.6 is that, depending on the exact value of the zoom setting, I will get flickering sound waves during playback (while the waves are scrolling sideways). Everything depends on the value of the zoom setting and the window size (both being related, of course), but it happens half of the time on average. When it happens (i.e. when the zoom setting has a "wrong" value), the two shades of grey used for the top half and the bottom half of the wave are not as distinct from each other and, during playback/scrolling, the top shade of grey flickers between two levels of grey, the "correct" one and the "wrong" one. I have to make a small adjustment to the window size or zoom setting to get it to stop.

Anyone else have this experience?

Is Martin aware and working on a fix?

Thanks.

Pierre Igot

Post by Pierre Igot »

I received an email notification that there was a reply, but I don't see a reply. Strange.