Disappearing Sound Issues after using new Audio Hijack

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

s13cybergal

Post by s13cybergal »

I'm on a late 2010 iMac with Sierra, the latest version of AP, Audio Hijack and CleanMyMac.

In Audio Hijack you can specify your sound editor and go to that editor while still in Audio Hijack. After I tried this I lost all sound on AP, but everything else worked fine. All settings appeared to be correct. I finally wrote to poor Martin, as I couldn't think of anything else to try.

I did throw AP in the trash and re-download, but that didn't clear the issue. Today I used the uninstall feature of CleanMyMac to totally wipe all traces of AP from my machine. (sometimes just putting an app in the trash leaves files behind that are the cause of an issue.)

Sound on AP is back as it should be.

Word to the wise: after using AP, trying to use the free editing apps out there will truly drive you nuts!

Jim Edgar

Post by Jim Edgar »

Did you check the Audio MIDI setup utility before wiping with CMM?
Jim Edgar

jimedgarvoices.com -  @jimedgarvoices

justaskjimvo.studio - @justaskjimvo

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 5:26 AM, s13cybergal <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
I'm on a late 2010 iMac with Sierra, the latest version of AP, Audio Hijack and CleanMyMac.

In Audio Hijack you can specify your sound editor and go to that editor while still in Audio Hijack. After I tried this I lost all sound on AP, but everything else worked fine. All settings appeared to be correct. I finally wrote to poor Martin, as I couldn't think of anything else to try.

I did throw AP in the trash and re-download, but that didn't clear the issue. Today I used the uninstall feature of CleanMyMac to totally wipe all traces of AP from my machine. (sometimes just putting an app in the trash leaves files behind that are the cause of an issue.)

Word to the wise: after using AP, trying to use the free editing apps out there will truly drive you nuts!

Jim Edgar

Post by Jim Edgar »

Did you check the Audio MIDI setup utility before wiping with CMM?
Jim Edgar

jimedgarvoices.com -  @jimedgarvoices

justaskjimvo.studio - @justaskjimvo

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 5:26 AM, s13cybergal <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Just FYI, a free way of identifying and deleting all files related to a particular application is AppCleaner:

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/