How to amplify one track only

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

vannuysd

Post by vannuysd »

I have an interview with my voice on on track and my guest on the other. I am too soft and my guest has good volume. When I try to select my track only and increase the volume, Amplify automatically selects both tracks. How can I amplify only my track?

Jim Edgar

Post by Jim Edgar »

Have you tried just selecting the audio within the track? In other words, click into the track and then use Command-A to select all the audio.  

Any effect will generally be "global" unless you specify a selection of the audio.
Jim Edgar

jimedgarvoices.com -  @jimedgarvoices

justaskjimvo.studio - @justaskjimvo

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 1:02 PM, vannuysd <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
I have an interview with my voice on on track and my guest on the other.  I am too soft and my guest has good volume.  When I try to select my track only and increase the volume, Amplify automatically selects both tracks.  How can I amplify only my track?

vannuysd

Post by vannuysd »

Yes, that's exactly what I did. I selected the track with my voice on it but as soon as I chose to Amplify, it selected both tracks. Hence my question!

Jim Edgar

Post by Jim Edgar »

Definitely does not behave that way for me - I have no other suggestions, unless there's some way you have those tracks linked to one another.  Jim Edgar

jimedgarvoices.com -  @jimedgarvoices

justaskjimvo.studio - @justaskjimvo

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 2:06 PM, vannuysd <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
Yes, that's exactly what I did.  I selected the track with my voice on it but as soon as I chose to Amplify, it selected both tracks.  Hence my question!

vannuysd

Post by vannuysd »

Jim,

Thanks for your persistence!!! I tried it again and for some reason it worked! In both cases, I selected the track with my side of the interview. The first time I had gone to the Edit menu and chosen Select All and it appeared to select just that one track. However, as soon as I chose Amplify, it seemed to deselect that track. The only difference is the second time, after your last post, I used CMD-A instead of going to the menu. They should both work. That's the only think I can think of that I did different but it worked the way you described. Go figure!!

Again, thanks for your help and for your persistence!

David :D