"Trim silences" mid-file? query / feature-request

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

misnoma

Post by misnoma »

I understand that "Trim Silence" removes silences only at the start and end of a file?

Is there a way to automatically trim silences during the audio? eg. like Audacity has this feature called "Truncate Silence".

Specifically, I would like to
1) Generate Markers using silences
2) trim the silences, while preserving the markers.
3) audition the whole sequence, make fine adjustments, modify the markers
4) split at markers

I know I could do a batch process to trim start/end silence after splitting. But I would like the silences removed earlier, to make it easier to audition the material and modify markers before splitting.

I guess if there was a way to concatenate a bunch of audio files, with markers generated between them, that would also work. Has anyone done that with a batch?

thanks!

Garth Humphreys

Post by Garth Humphreys »

Totally agree, I'd love this feature as well. It would be great if it had separate thresholds for the beginning and end of silent periods, the ability to adjust how long silences were and A host of other parameters.

Sent from my iPhone

On 26 May 2016, at 6:09 PM, misnoma <forum2mail@hairersoft.com> wrote:

I understand that "Trim Silence" removes silences only at the start and end of a file?

Is there a way to automatically trim silences during the audio? eg. like Audacity has this feature called "Truncate Silence".

Specifically, I would like to
1) Generate Markers using silences
2) trim the silences, while preserving the markers.
3) audition the whole sequence, make fine adjustments, modify the markers
4) split at markers

I know I could do a batch process to trim start/end silence after splitting. But I would like the silences removed earlier, to make it easier to audition the material and modify markers before splitting.

I guess if there was a way to concatenate a bunch of audio files, with markers generated between them, that would also work. Has anyone done that with a batch?

thanks!