Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amadeus Pro 2.4.7 license issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chas_m

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject: Amadeus Pro 2.4.7 license issue Reply with quote

I don't know if this is my fault or not yet, but I noticed that there was an update to Amadeus Pro and so I downloaded the file from the main site and replaced my copy of 2.4.5 with it. Upon launch, my license information was gone.

Fortunately, I had retained a copy of my upgrade license received when I moved away from 1.5.5, but sadly I no longer have a copy of that original license, and despite having the new license it wants the original as well. I don't remember when 1.5 came out but I just don't seem to keep records going that far back.

I have written to Martin and I'm sure he will sort this out for me but I wanted to put out a note of caution about upgrading from outside the program itself. I could restore my backup of 2.4.5 if absolutely necessary so I'm not stressing or upset or anything but just wanted to be sure people knew this was a possibility, so be sure you have backups until you're sure everything is okay.
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Amadeus Pro 2.4.7 license issue Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't know if this is my fault or not yet, but I noticed that there was an update to Amadeus Pro and so I downloaded the file from the main site and replaced my copy of 2.4.5 with it. Upon launch, my license information was gone.

That's rather strange: in principle it should make no difference whatsoever whether you upgrade "by hand" or by using the built-in upgrade functionality. The license information isn't stored in the application itself, so just moving that to the trash bin won't affect it at all. Anyway, I did issue you with a new license in a separate message. Best,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: