Effects > Change Pitch and Speed not functioning?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

cd2go

Post by cd2go »

Hey all,

Using the latest version 2.1.5:

I'm trying to sync 2 separate stereo recordings from 2 different recorders so there is some digital drift between the two sources. Last time I did this I believe I had the previous version of AP and it was super easy, no problems.

Workflow:

Aligned tracks at beginning, then went to the end and found a sync point on each of the sources, about half a second drift after 2 hours.

Then I used Effects > Change Pitch and Speed and set the resulting length of the longer file to be the same as the shorter one. simple. done.

But now when I do this, it still changes the resulting length of the selection, but produces a solid block of wave sound that is 100% clipped and actually doesn't even have a sound when you play it. I've tried it every way I think, locking/unlocking pitch and speed, etc. Maybe just a program bug? It seems any combination yields a solid block of unusable sound :cry:

Any advice greatly appreciated,
James

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Weird… Would you be able to send me a Dropbox link to the file in question? (The Amadeus Pro file with the multitrack structure intact.) Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

cd2go

Re: Effects > Change Pitch and Speed not functioning?

Post by cd2go »

Martin Hairer wrote:Weird… Would you be able to send me a Dropbox link to the file in question?
Thanks for responding :)

I can do that but---it also happens even with a single stereo track: any attempt at changing the speed or resulting length has the same strange wav block. I have tried it with 2 hour files and 2 minute files, same thing. Would you like a screenshot of the resulting wave? I should say this is with 24/48 files.

cd2go

Post by cd2go »

I tried separating the stereo track into two mono tracks then changed the speed of each respectively; it worked. Then I can just merge them back as a workaround for now...

Also, would it make sense to allow 3 decimal places, i.e. 100.059% for this function, as the maximum resolution in m'sec''ms is 3 places...?

-james