Multiple markers work for indexing on CD's. How about wav?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

supercell

Post by supercell »

Hello,

I am able to create markers (I believe this is the same thing as indexing) on Amadeus Pro 2.1.3 for my 14 song concept album (one large 70+ min .wav) As a result, I can jump from song to song on my freshly burned CD. Very cool.

My 14 song concept album is connected with filler between songs (think Pink Floyd "The Wall".) Again, I can jump from song to song on a CD burned from Amadeus just fine.

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO DO:

I would like to be able to import my 14 song concept .wav to my iPod. I would like to skip from song to song the same way I do on a CD. I realize that I could simply break the single .wav into 14 individual .wav files, however, I would like to keep the filler between songs break free for editing reasons.

ISSUE:

I cannot jump from song to song on the single .wav even with the markers added. Again, this same .wav works just fine on a burned CD from Amadeus 2.1.3.

Please let me know if this is even possible. If not I will just break the songs up with chopped filler in between.

Thanks!

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Unfortunately, I do not think that the iPod recognises markers but I am not 100% sure. Have you tried using AIFF instead of WAVE, since this is generally better supported? In particular, QuickTime Player *does* actually support markers in AIFF files.
Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

supercell

Post by supercell »

I will try aiff. Thank you! :)