markers don't stick to clip

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Rudy

markers don't stick to clip

Post by Rudy »

I discovered a behavior that is at least for me annoying and I am curious about your opinion: When using clips combined with markers, moving the clip doesn't move the marker. So when moving a clip to the right or left, the placed marker loses its meaning - it doesn't point to the marked spot anymore!

Rudy Ephraim

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

One problem is that with multi-track files it is not clear which one of the tracks the markers is supposed to "stick" to. For single-track files however, I agree that what you propose would probably be a better behaviour... Thanks,

Martin

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Martin, thank you for your reply.
So for a future release, I would suggest markers that stick to the track (mono or stereo) where the markers have been placed above. Markers are (at least for me...) SO important!

Amadeus Pro is a very nice editing application, thank you for all your efforts and for the replies to the remarks from users!

Rudy

Martin Hairer wrote:One problem is that with multi-track files it is not clear which one of the tracks the markers is supposed to "stick" to. For single-track files however, I agree that what you propose would probably be a better behaviour... Thanks,

Martin

quirrelly

aligning disparate tracks

Post by quirrelly »

I, too, am interested in markers. I am collecting a few hundred sound files from families at my school in order to combine them into a group "choir" sound. (I am sending a backing track for them to sing along with.) Each time I create a track, I will drag a new sound file into it (groups of a dozen or so) and then I'll have to align them all. Of course, their lead times will be variable.

I was thinking I could put a mark at the beginning of the first word of each track and then align the markers. I tried that and I read about it, and I see it doesn't work that way.

I am looking for suggestions for techniques to accomplish this alignment. Thanks for any input!