Sandboxed save/open crash?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

cd2go

Post by cd2go »

I was working on a 24/48 flac file. I had performed several hours worth of edits and I had my markers set and I clicked "Split According To Markers".

Then there was an error message saying "An exception was raised: sandboxed save/open panel presently acting unlike a panel".

The program then shut down and upon re-opening, the original saved file was still there, but none of my unsaved edits or markers were recovered. Another message came up stating "Temporary files have been placed in the trash, try importing as raw data".

I looked in the trash and there are several temp files there, specifically one from the time of the crash which is about 33.6MB in size which is much smaller than the flac which I was editing, not sure what that means for me.

I tried importing it as raw data but I wasn't sure what the header size should be. Any help on how to attempt to recover my edits would be appreciated :?

mudhen

Post by mudhen »

According to my manual, header size to use is zero. I presume you have already discovered the sample rate and format by inspecting your original.

Using that information, my raw data imported nicely after the crash, but seems to be a jumble of segments to reconstruct, and the edits are seem to be gone.

My crash was apparently caused by quickly pressing the back arrow three times. My original was unharmed, but like yours, without edits and markers.

I hope someone can offer information on how to make our raw data useful. Like you, I don't want to do all the editing again.