Multi-track Workflow?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

MorePepperPlease

Multi-track Workflow?

Post by MorePepperPlease »

Hi y'all,

I'm pretty new to Amadeus Pro and I'm enjoying what it has to offer so far. However there are a few tasks that I am trying to accomplish and I don't seem to be able to find the right methods in the manual or by searching this forum. Perhaps you can lend a hand. Here's what I have going on:

I have a Two (mono) Track project. It is a live recording where Track 1 is direct from the soundboard and Track 2 is a recording of the audience. I have both tracks sync'd up and I'm ready to start editing.

1. There are places I would like to cut out a word, or sentence. Is it possible to split both tracks AT THE SAME EXACT LOCATION so I can eliminate the desired section, and move both tracks to cover up the gap so they both still stay in sync?

2. Let's say I split a track and then move the clip down the timeline a little bit. Then I decide "Hey, there was a little bit of audio before this clip starts that I'd like to get back." Is there any way for me to 'roll' the clip out a little further, kind of like I would in Final Cut?

I appreciate any answers you can give. Hopefully this isn't too much basic stuff that I've somehow missed in the manual.

Cheers!
--
Eric Scheur
Producer, The Mystery Box Show
Portland, OR

dinojrx

Multi-track Workflow?

Post by dinojrx »

Hi!
1. There are places I would like to cut out a word, or sentence. Is it possible to split both tracks AT THE SAME EXACT LOCATION so I can eliminate the desired section, and move both tracks to cover up the gap so they both still stay in sync?
You can merge both tracks to a monofile and then edit. To edit two separate tracks in a file simultaneously is not possible as far as I know.

2. Let's say I split a track and then move the clip down the timeline a little bit. Then I decide "Hey, there was a little bit of audio before this clip starts that I'd like to get back." Is there any way for me to 'roll' the clip out a little further, kind of like I would in Final Cut?
No, that's not possible. In Final Cut there's another way of editing than in AP that's called "Non destructive editing". This means, you always work at a copy. In AP you always work at the real file.

Best Jan

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Multi-track Workflow?

Post by Martin Hairer »

You can merge both tracks to a monofile and then edit. To edit two separate tracks in a file simultaneously is not possible as far as I know.
What you can do is use markers to keep tracks / clips in sync. Markers are "magnetic" so that if you drag a clip around, it will snap to the nearest marker when it gets close enough. This way, you can easily keep clips on different tracks in sync with each other.

To split two clips at the exact same location, choose the location and then type command-shift-A to have the insertion point in each track move to the same location. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

MorePepperPlease

Post by MorePepperPlease »

Thanks y'all! That's super helpful! :)
--
Eric Scheur
Producer, The Mystery Box Show
Portland, OR