Creating Seamless Loops

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

sweetbutt

Creating Seamless Loops

Post by sweetbutt »

Hi everybody

after months searching for an audio editor that could satisfy me I bumped into AP few days ago. got the trial version and I think it might be The One I was looking for.

I work as a sound designer for videogames and what I did in the past was editing my sounds mainly in Ableton Live which is super smooth for many things... but not for all of them..

AP incorporates all the things I need to do but I'm still finding an easy way to create seamless loops

I will be dealing with Field Recordings very soon and I need to create 20secs loops for each ambience file..

Thing is that field recordings are "uneven" and it takes a while to find the correct end in a way that it loops smoothly with the beginning.
sometimes it's really a matter of microseconds..

In ableton this is super fast since if you cut the file but it's not the right loop point, you're still able to unfold the file (the part I've just cut) and look for it ..

As far as I've seen AP doesn't think this way so I was wondering if some experienced user could suggest me an efficient way to create seamless loops
I've already found an option here in the forums which includes adding the same file and avoiding glitches using crossfading .. but that wouldn't work for me since the file it's going to be looped by the sound engine.
I have to create a loop that works on its own right in AP so it's ready to be implemented.

thanks for your sparks