Amadeus Pro 2.1 - Sonogram only displaying lower half

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Usabell

Amadeus Pro 2.1 - Sonogram only displaying lower half

Post by Usabell »

Hi!

I noticed a bug in Amadeus Pro 2.1 where the sonogram always shows only the lower half, no matter how large the window is. The upper half is just plain white and cut off. This happens in 32 and 64bit mode. It is 100% reproducable on any audio material. I hope this can be fixed in a future version, thanks!

— Daniel

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

You might want to change the "image size" to something larger, like 1024. (Click on the little "gears" icon to change that.) A sonogram has a maximal frequency basically by definition (see Shannon's sampling theorem), so it will always appear "cut off" at a frequency equal to at most half of the sampling frequency. Regards,

Martin

Usabell

Post by Usabell »

Thanks for the information, I checked out the gears button at the top right, and it allowed me to scale the image vertically to have a higher display resolution. However, the sonogram is still cut off at the top and only shows a quarter of the sampling frequency as maximum, not half as it should be. Is there anything else I might have missed? Thanks for letting me know! Right now my workaround is upsampling to the double sample rate before checking the sonogram, but it's pretty tedious. Btw. I also noticed that there is no preset for a sample rate of 192000 Hz, and you have to enter it manually all the time in the change samplerate dialog.

— Daniel