Split tracks sound louder

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

ronlent

Post by ronlent »

Hello - first, i love this app - thank you

OK - i haven't noticed anyone mentioning this. when i split a track from a linked stereo pair (FRONT) to 2 distinct channels - (FRONT LEFT) (FRONT RIGHT) the combined output is noticeably louder. it should be the same, left speaker + right speaker. there used to be no difference. this is a new problem - i've been using this app for quite some time.

any thoughts anyone?

also let me add this - i tested it. when i bounce the split tracks to a new document, the volume goes back to the original quieter volume. this is terrible - it makes the app suddenly almost unusable to me as i can't trust what my final mix will sound like. HELP!

CDJonah

Post by CDJonah »

What if you do statistics on the tracks before and after?

On 7/3/12 7:36 PM, Ray Foret Jr wrote:
Noticed that myself. When tracks are split, there is indeed a volume level increase of I'd say at least 3DBSPL. Maybe more.

Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

Now a very proud and happy Mac user!!!

Skype name:
barefootedray

On Jul 3, 2012, at 6:44 PM, ronlent wrote:
Hello - first, i love this app - thank you

OK - i haven't noticed anyone mentioning this. when i split a track from a linked stereo pair (FRONT) to 2 distinct channels - (FRONT LEFT) (FRONT RIGHT) the combined output is noticeably louder. it should be the same, left speaker + right speaker. there used to be no difference. this is a new problem - i've been using this app for quite some time.

any thoughts anyone?

ronlent

Post by ronlent »

i tested a combined stereo tone 440 at 50% in the left / 480 at 50% in the right (so the left and right would be slightly different) - it sounded louder when split but the stats for each channel were identical.

hmmm.