Marker repositioning

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

dpfels

Marker repositioning

Post by dpfels »

I seem to have a problem with markers in a file becoming repositioned automatically.

I marked various positions in a three minute audio file. I then duplicated the audio to a second pair of tracks. Somewhere in this process, the markers became displaced by (I think) the (original) length of the recording. That is, all of the markers are now 3 minutes late.
I confirmed this by offsetting the start of the audio by the length of the recording, which seems to bring things back into register (I hope).

How did this happen? Also, how can I move all of the markers in parallel by a specific time interval (or delete the first 3 minutes of the recording) to bring everything back into phase?

Getting the markers set was a fair amount of work and I would like to save what I have done if possible.
Thanks,
Dan

JEGG

Post by JEGG »

Where did the duplicated audio end up on the second pair of tracks? Is it directly under the first pair? You could either drag or paste the first pair into/on to the second pair with the left edges at exactly the same point. Easiest, of course, would be at "0" time unit.

There should be an easy fix not involving moving markers.

Or I may misunderstand the question.

dpfels

Post by dpfels »

Unfortunately, the extra audio was pasted at the beginning, which pushed the markers down (later) in the time line by the duration of the insertion. I could calculate the offset of the markers (using the length of the inserted audio), but I was unable to find a way to move the markers.
In the end, I found a time calculator on line, entered the offset time as a fixed number and subtracted it from the various marker times. I used the calculated times to update the values on the markers.
As an example, a marker that was originally at the beginning (t=00:00:00) was moved to (t=01:39:13). I subtracted 01:39:13 to return this marker to 00:00:00. I did this same for every other maker (subtracting 01:39:13).

It was tedious, but faster than looking for an automatic approach.

There should be a way to move markers in parallel by a set amount of time. Alternatively, there should be a way to lock the markers to some absolute time, preventing them from sliding around when you insert a new audio segment.