Is there a function to eliminate high pitched hiss ?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

JessieO

Is there a function to eliminate high pitched hiss ?

Post by JessieO »

I recorded an album with 6 tracks. Got the tracks separated and burned them to CD, then ripped CD into iTunes. There's a low pitched hum between tracks. I wanted to keep the album sound between songs for authenticity, but there's this darn hum. I used denoiser and request sample but didn't see a noise profile. I clicked on suppress noise but that didn't eliminate the hum. What should I do to eliminate the hum? Isn't there also the capability to minimize clicks and pops on the recording?

Jessie O

Sonic Purity

Re: Is there a function to eliminate low-pitched hum?

Post by Sonic Purity »

JessieO wrote:I recorded an album with 6 tracks. Got the tracks separated and burned them to CD, then ripped CD into iTunes. There's a low pitched hum between tracks. I wanted to keep the album sound between songs for authenticity, but there's this darn hum. I used denoiser and request sample but didn't see a noise profile. I clicked on suppress noise but that didn't eliminate the hum. What should I do to eliminate the hum?
Re-digitize the record (i assume that’s what you mean by “album”. An album can be any format: phonograph record(s), CD, digital files, various tape formats, etc.). Very likely the turntable is not grounded properly, or something’s gone wrong with the grounding.

All the digital processing in the world won’t be as effective as fixing the analog-side problem and re-doing the digitization. I always double-check for hum before digitizing, from records especially.
Isn't there also the capability to minimize clicks and pops on the recording?
Amadeus (II and Pro) does have an excellent Repair Centre function for doing this. However, some of us (including me) prefer using a separate product for click and pop removal: ClickRepair. If you search this forum for the product name, you should find a number of older posts discussing it. I’m having success letting ClickRepair do most of the work, then sometimes using Amadeus’ Repair Centre for manually removing the occasional annoying noise that ClickRepair once in awhile misses.
))Sonic((