Suggestion for "Silence"

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Sir Cecil

Suggestion for "Silence"

Post by Sir Cecil »

The only thing I miss from Peak is where silence is indicated by a broken line rather than a continuous one. This makes it very easy to fade from precisely where the actual signal begins etc.
After inserting silence in Amadeus I have to rely only on my ears, while with Peak I can instantly see where the actual silence begins and ends.
Also, when editing a CD that already has silence incorporated at certain points, Peak would show this via the broken (dotted) line. In Amadeus, it is not distinguished so one doesn't know if it is actual silence or something close to it. I find myself having to turn up my headphones to very high levels to check if there is some faint hiss or if indeed there is silence. The result is nearly blown eardrums when the music commences. A broken line would give immediate visual confirmation of silence and make life a lot easier. Any chance of working this in?

MartinC

Post by MartinC »

I kind of agree that it was/is a nice feature in Peak, but in AP there is a better alternative to smashing your eardrums... just use the "vertical zoom" slider (bottom right) and shift it to maximum - then you will see the envelope rising and the exact position where it starts.

earle76taylor

Post by earle76taylor »

Will definitely work out this and let you know.