Walk by time in a project or in a track

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

splyt

Walk by time in a project or in a track

Post by splyt »

Hello,

My name is Marlon and I am a happy Amadeus user.
I am also blind and thus a voiceover user.
I have some questions about moving the play head by time in the project itself and in tracks and I really have not found responses.

1- One of my often needs is move to the end of track, specially to past something right at its end.
I couldn't figure out a way to quickly place the play head or insertion point in the end of a current selected track.
Currently I have to walk with arrows untill almost the end of the track but if I advance so much I will have to do it again and this makes me, sometimes in complex projects to loose some hours of editing time. Is there a way of going directly to the end of a track?
2- Is it possible to access the total duration of a track or of the whole project? I say this because I could use the goto command to go at least to the end of the project, but if I don't know the duration then I have no way of doing this.
3- The goto command acts upon the whole project or is it track based? If I go to 00:01:00 I go to one minut of the selected track or to one minut of the whole project?
4- If I past to a new track it will create a new track starting right where the insertion point is, right? Now what happens if I am in a given pointt in time and select a track that either do not exist at that point because it has ended or did not yet started? What happens with the insertion point and the play head

Now a slightly different question
6- Is there a way to loop a track for a given number of interations? I ask this because I use background music and it is generally shorter than my voice track. As things are now iI have to select it all and past it right after the end of its own track, but finding the end of the track is dificult so I am really in a pretty unconfortable situation.

Now, please understand that none of this is a complain .... I am only trying to get the maximum possible productivity of a product I bought and am asking for help and advices.
Thanks,
Marlon