FLAC bug - some files won't open at all

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Macoustics

FLAC bug - some files won't open at all

Post by Macoustics »

Hi - just updated to version 2 of Amadeus Pro.

Things appear to be working, but in one particular case, I'm unable to open FLAC files.

The fies in question are these: http://www.archive.org/details/Matisyah ... 24-96.flac.

24 bit, 96 KHz. Mac OS X 10.6.7 running on an iMac 2006 (Intel Core Duo).

Now, the ones I had lying around, was downloaded several years ago, and I only modified the tags a bit before saving them with Amadeus Pro v1.x.

If I re-download the files from archive.org, they will open, but NOT the ones I already have.

Corrupt files? No - Audacity opens them quite nicely, so I was able to export them from there,
and THEN open them in Amadeus Pro. Saved me a bit of time compared to downloading the lot again.

When I try to open any of these FLACs in Amadeus Pro, the CPU just "floors it", often maxing out at 100%,
but nothing else happens. It is Amadeus Pro which consumes CPU, but the program itself does not freeze up - no beach balling.

The same thing now happens with the renamed copy of Amadeus Pro 1.x - it won't open these files anymore.

What's going on?

Quite puzzling - ever seen this behaviour before?

I suppose it's hard to come to a conclusion without inspecting the actual bad files?