Sync of multiple tracks in 2.0

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

banjomensch

Sync of multiple tracks in 2.0

Post by banjomensch »

In the new version, I seem to have lost the ability to drag a second stereo soundtrack over the first and have it import as synchronized multiple tracks.

And I can't find documentation on this.

How can I import multiple tracks and have them stay in sync?

Thanks,
/john

alansilv

Post by alansilv »

John,
I had the same problem too - in v2 when you drag a new file onto an open file a blue vertical line appears and the new file is inserted at that point instead of building a multitrack project. I asked Martin H about it and he explained that the previous behavior is still there - more or less. You have to drag to the new file to the darker gray bar just above the waveform (the bar with the track name, volume slider & play check box on the left and playback channel selector on the right). You'll see that a green disc with a + sign appears; slide the cursor a bit off the gray bar and onto the waveform and you'll see the green disc with the + sign AND the blue vertical bar. If you drag the new file to the gray bar and gauge it so just the green disc + sign appears (and NOT the blue vertical line) the new file will be added, in sync with the open one, just like the previous behavior. There is one difference. In previous versions the new file was added below the open one; now I've found it is added above it.
Hope that's helpful
Alan

banjomensch

Post by banjomensch »

Thanks, I'll try that.