Any way to clean up echo?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

rmathes

Post by rmathes »

I purchased a seminar that has audio files in mp3 format. I've downloaded them and the sound quality is marginal. A lot of echo that makes it hard for me to clearly hear the speaker. Is there any way to reduce that and clean it up? I'm guessing no, but figured it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'm the opposite of a power user of this program. I have it and use it for rudimentary tasks but have no clue how to apply filters and such.

thanks.

CDJonah_alt

Post by CDJonah_alt »

Get the CIA to think it is important?

On 5/29/11 7:06 PM, rmathes wrote:
I purchased a seminar that has audio files in mp3 format. I've downloaded them and the sound quality is marginal. A lot of echo that makes it hard for me to clearly hear the speaker. Is there any way to reduce that and clean it up? I'm guessing no, but figured it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'm the opposite of a power user of this program. I have it and use it for rudimentary tasks but have no clue how to apply filters and such.

thanks.

Amadeus forum mailing list
Unsubscribe / change settings at http://two.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/forum_list

alansilv

re: echo

Post by alansilv »

Well, short of getting intelligence agencies involved, here are a couple of things to try:

De-Noising …if you haven't already discovered this, it's one of the choices in the "Effects" pull-down menu. A lot of the echo resides in the noise and reducing that can sometimes help. Experiment with the settings because too much can make the audio sound unnatural, but it may give you back the clarity you're after.

EQ …try running the file thru one of the equalizers, also found in the Effects pull-down menu. Pick the 10-band equalizer and try reducing the lower frequencies first. It will make the audio sound thinner, but, again, could help the clarity. Also in the Effects pull-down, there are some powerful EQ tools within the Apple submenu of the Audio Units submenu (EFFECTS -> AUDIO UNITS -> APPLE. Try the high-pass filter and adjust the curve to reduce the low frequencies. See if that helps.