"mark selection" (bug/error)

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

ioannis

Post by ioannis »

Hi Martin,

I have a recording of e.g. 1 minute on track-1
I want to correct a mistake on 10", so I create track-2, put the insert point at ±10" and record.
Then I mark the selection and...

the markers' duration is OK, but the marking starts from general 00:00:00, ignoring the real placement of the selection (on track-2) in the timeline. In this way this type of marking is a bit useless...

If you could, please change this?

What I like very much is that opt–dbl.click between the markers selects only the part (on any track) that falls within this marked region. Very helpful and efficient for work! Thanks!

Greetings

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

the markers' duration is OK, but the marking starts from general 00:00:00, ignoring the real placement of the selection (on track-2) in the timeline. In this way this type of marking is a bit useless...

If you could, please change this?
Got you, I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the feedback!
Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

ioannis

not only markers (bug?)

Post by ioannis »

I have also to add that not only the markers are placed according to the absolute beginning of the file/song, (on tracks starting later than 0:00) but the same behavior causes that:
- copying a selection that starts later than absolute 0:00 copies also the missing empty space (from 0:00 to the beginning of the selection)
- saving the same selection to a file, causes the same (empty space added in the beginning)

MartinC

Post by MartinC »

I was actually hoping that this would have been fixed in the new update, but sadly it isn't...

Just to repeat it in order to avoid misunderstandings, this is what happens:

- you have 2 tracks, one (A) starts at the beginning, the second one (B) is shifted to "the right", so it starts after 10 seconds

- select something into track B (or move the green mark) to 3 seconds in track B, which is 13 seconds into the whole song

- create a marker

- the marker is *not* created at the insertion point, but 3 seconds starting from the beginning - from the point of view of track B "in the wilderness".

This is a very annoying bug, because it makes the whole function pretty useless. For example I want to mark damaged areas in track B and then patch it with track A. For that I need to mark the start/end for the blends within track B and this is virtually impossible to do.

ioannis

still something not to forget with markers...

Post by ioannis »

hi Martin,

if you change the behavior of the markers, please don't change this:

if I select the audio within two markers (by opt-doubleclick) and record something in this region, the markers follow the new recording.
This is a fantastic feature and please don't change it.

greetings.

ioannis

markers numbering (multiple docs open)

Post by ioannis »

Marker (auto-)numbering doesn't discriminate in which (open) document you place the new marker...

If I add marker #12 in doc-A, the next marker in doc-B will be... #13, even if it is the first marker in that document...

greetings