Reducing "tunnel" effect and sibilance for recorde

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

robertgentai

Post by robertgentai »

Hello
I am new to this forum and also to audio programing in general.

I'm trying to learn how to make the recording sound for voice/conversation more polished.

I've managed to normalize the volume aspect but there is still a sense that we're talking through a long tube and there is a bit of sibilance.

My friend who has Adobe Audition, is currently helping me (and creating the finished product through his program) until i can use my program independently.
With Adobe Audition, he can remove majority of the problems with a couple remove noise functions. Seems very simple. I can't seem to find a similar function with Amadeus pro. There are some remaining problems due to not using a good microphone. Something i hope to change soon.

Could someone give some advice as to how to adjust tunnel effect and sibilance for voice tracks?
If i need to adjust presets, db's, or an equalizer could you give me some ball park figures to work with? I know, i'm a full on newbie here, so it might be difficult to offer an easy solution. But any help would be greatly appreciate.

Much Thanks!
Robert

CDJonah_alt

Post by CDJonah_alt »

I think for sibilants, one uses something called a de-esser -- google
around and you should find something to do it. Ask your friend the name
of the command he is using and then go and find a plug-in.

Chuck

On 1/27/11 1:36 PM, robertgentai wrote:
Hello
I am new to this forum and also to audio programing in general.

I'm trying to learn how to make the recording sound for voice/conversation more polished.

I've managed to normalize the volume aspect but there is still a sense that we're talking through a long tube and there is a bit of sibilance.

My friend who has Adobe Audition, is currently helping me (and creating the finished product through his program) until i can use my program independently.
With Adobe Audition, he can remove majority of the problems with a couple remove noise functions. Seems very simple. I can't seem to find a similar function with Amadeus pro.

Could someone give some advice as to how to adjust tunnel effect and sibilance for voice tracks?
If i need to adjust presets, db's, or an equalizer could you give me some ball park figures to work with? I know, i'm a full on newbie here, so it might be difficult to offer an easy solution. But any help would be greatly appreciate.

Much Thanks!
Robert

Charles D Jonah
Building 200
Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division
9700 S. Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL 60439
630-252-3471 CDJonah@anl.gov