nominal sample rate magically changing

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

voicecoop

nominal sample rate magically changing

Post by voicecoop »

I'm having trouble setting an input sample rate. Whenever I try to alter the nominal sample rate on the input from 44.1 by setting it for 48 or 96 - it returns to 44.1 in 3 seconds. And if you punch save and close the window before three seconds, then reopen it, it's back to 44.1. Also when I try and reset the input to 24 bits, it seems stable but when you save and close the window and reopen it - it's back on 16 bit.

I'm running OS 10.5.8 using the built in Intel Hi-Def Audio running on the optical digital out. I can record and playback on 16 bit 44.1 but no other input. I can play 24/96 files just fine, so the output is not a problem.

I'm trying to set up to a new Apogee Rosetta 200 and have tried both matching settings manually and setting the Apogee output to external. I'll open a new sound file with 24/96, set the Apogee to external and it immediately syncs up to 24/96 - BUT - if you examine the nominal sample rate window, it's STILL set on 44.1. The resulting recording is of course, unintelligible.

I thought from reading some other strings that Final Cut might be locking the audio to 44.1 but I have the same problem with Final Cut running or not. In fact, I shut down everything except Amadeus and had the same problem.

By the way, I love this program. I thought after ProTools I would never love digital audio again. I've used your program to record and edit literally hundreds of commercials in my little vo studio and a bit of hobby music as well. Now if I can just figure out this little input glitch and start feeding in 24/96...Any ideas?

voicecoop

addendum

Post by voicecoop »

It also doesn't matter if the Rosetta is on or off.