Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[wish/question] on the fly solo/mute of track?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ioannis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: [wish/question] on the fly solo/mute of track? Reply with quote

While recording text, I often have more takes of one word (e.g. different emphasis, accent etc). The same situation ensues with improvised music.

Can anyone propose me an easy/fast way to compare the takes together with the rest of the recording?

What I do now is not handy:
Track-1 holds a bigger chunk of text, on
tracks 2, 3, 4... I place the different versions/takes of the one word,
and check/uncheck the little "playback status" box (on the track's bar)

but this takes too long if the text is spoken fast or I need to zig-zag the tracks choosing every 2-3 words from track-1 then track-2 etc

It would be handy if I could (during play) command-click on a/any track-bar and mute/solo it, or hold a key etc to mute or solo a selected track (or even group of tracks) on the fly, so it would sound continuous.

What do other people (or other multitrack software) do with that kind of job?

thanks for any input!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: